Our Landscape Rebate Program can help you transform your thirsty yard into a beautiful water-wise landscape and make your irrigation equipment more efficient.
- Get $100 for every 100 square feet of lawn or pool you convert, for a maximum of $2,000 for residential sites, and $50,000 for commercial and institutional sites. Some cost-sharing areas may be eligible for even more!
- We also offer rebates for upgrading your old, inefficient irrigation equipment with high-efficiency options, such as installing a landscape meter, flow sensor, or hydrometer, or replacing old sprinkler nozzles and converting pop-up sprinklers to an in-line irrigation system.
- Update: Customers have the option to apply now at these rebate amounts or to wait to apply for exciting changes. Beginning July 1, 2021, maximum rebates will increase to $3,000* for residential sites and Landscape Conversion rebates will go up to $2/square foot for all sites! Maximum rebate amounts and rebate rates may be higher in some cost sharing areas.
- CREATE A USER ACCOUNT to submit your online application. Customers who do not have the ability to submit an online application should call (408) 630-2554 for assistance.
- PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT EXISTING SITE: We need to know about the current condition of your yard. Include photos, the estimated size of the project area (square footage), and/or existing equipment information.
- PRE-INSPECTION: Once we receive your initial application, we will contact you to schedule a pre-inspection, whether virtual or on-site, as needed.
- SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL: Share the details on your dream yards! Tell us what you are planning to do with your project, what plants you will use for Landscape Conversion Projects, and how you will upgrade your irrigation system (please include quantity, make and models of the new efficient equipment).
- GET THE GREEN LIGHT: After we issue your “Notice to Proceed”, you will have 90 days to complete your project. Remember not to start your project before receiving approval!
- FINAL REVIEW: Your project is done! Submit your completed project photos and/or receipts and we will contact you to schedule a post inspection if needed.
- CASH YOUR REBATE CHECK: Your rebate check will be sent to you 4-6 weeks after the post-inspection is approved.
REMEMBER! To qualify for the rebate, you must receive the Notice to Proceed BEFORE starting to remove your lawn/pool or buying the materials for your project.
Need help getting started or deciding what to do next? Check out the wide variety of resources at Valley Water's Landscape Guides & Resources and South Bay Green Gardens. You'll find landscape designs, sample project photos, lists of professionals to help complete your project, and more!
For full program requirements, details, rebate rates, and qualifying products lists, see the drop down menus at the top of this page.
For more information or to clarify the above information, call our Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554, or email us at [email protected]
All customers must submit an application and receive written approval in the form of a Notice to Proceed before starting any work on their project or purchasing any qualifying equipment. Projects that have been started or projects that have already been completed prior to the Notice to Proceed are not eligible.
Sites that have been denied participation in the Landscape Rebate Program for not meeting the initial program eligibility requirements will not be allowed to re-apply for the same rebate project within three (3) years of the initial pre-inspection or denial date, whichever is the latter.
All applications issued a Notice to Proceed will be held to a total lifetime rebate cap (for the Landscape Conversion Rebate, Irrigation Equipment Upgrade Rebate, and Rainwater Catchment Rebate combined) of $2,000 for Single-Family and small Multi-family (4 or fewer units) sites and $50,000 for all Commercial and large Multi-Family (5 or more units) sites.
Landscape Conversion and/or Rainwater Capture Rebates within cost-sharing agencies may be eligible for additional funds up to $2,000 for Single-Family and Multi-Family (4 or fewer units) and $15,000 for all Commercial sites and Multi-Family (5 or more units), for a total cap of up to $4,000 and $65,000 respectively.
Rebates of $600 or more may qualify as taxable income, and participants will need to provide a signed W-9 form. A 1099 tax form will be mailed to participants during the following tax season. Valley Water and participating water agencies are not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed as a result of the receipt of any rebate.